Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Caitlin's Top Ten Latest

10. Your flawless ability to refuse any and all requests made by me lately astonishes me.  If you could only "mess up" just once and accidentely comply I don't know what I would do with myself!
9. You keep me on your toes with your stories and imagination.  At any moment you could ask me to participate and I have thoroughly enjoyed every role asked of me.
8. You are AWESOME at repeating back "the usual" instructions.  Like at quiet time: I'll say, "Ok, so you have your books to read, but what do you do after you're finished?" And everytime, almost word for word, you say, "If you have to go potty, you come and find Mama, if you feel tired you lay down and sleep, or if you don't feel tired then you just lay down and look around and wait until Mama comes and gets you."  You're pretty good at following these instructions, although last week there were a few days where you came upstairs from your room prematurely and said with a smile, "I had a goooood quiet time!  Now can I play?"
7. Keeping your brother in line is one of your hobbies.  A favorite "exhortation" from you lately is, "We don't touch your hair!" (said while eating. I used to have to tell him that since he's still primarily a "hands" eater.)  I try to remind you who's in charge of whom.
6. You love unbuckling your seatbelt when we arrive at our destination.
5. Cuddletime just about fixes anything in your book.
4. You are getting really good at helping Connor choose the option that you don't want (so the alternative automatically becomes yours).  Sneaky...
3. All things considered, you really are SO sweet to your brother and me heart melts when I see the special camaraderie between you two.
2. You are such a good nurturer-- today your Thomas was sad (you said) and he needed to "watch a show to help him feel better."  Thankfully I was able to convince you to just give him a good cuddle instead, since it was lunchtime.
1. I am so grateful for who you are and especially that although you are in the "I'm three-and-a-half and going to dig in my heels about everything" stage, you are still open to alternatives and able to change your mind when necessary.  I am so glad to be your Mama!

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a sweet post:) Thinking of you in the midst of those three and a half year old challenges though too...

Mom said...

no words, tears of delight, ahhh!

April said...

Love it! :)